September 5, 2010

the best music videos ever

Listening to Smashing Pumpkins at work got me thinking about how amazing their music videos were. Remember those? I used to get so excited whenever my favorite bands would release new videos on MTV. No longer. But at least they can be found on YouTube and iTunes. I decided to devote a post to some of my all-time favorites. They bring back some serious memories, yes?






"Virtual Insanity", Jamiroquai



 "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground", The White Stripes


"Intergalactic", Beastie Boys


"Smack My Bitch Up", Prodigy


"Karma Police", Radiohead



"Malibu", Hole


"Push It", Garbage

                                           "Star Guitar", The Chemical Brothers


"Otherside", Red Hot Chili Peppers


"Heart Shaped Box", Nirvana


Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Uploaded by popefucker. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.
"Tonight, Tonight", Smashing Pumpkins


"Jeremy", Pearl Jam


"In This World", Moby


"Black Hole Sun", Soundgarden


R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Uploaded by WBRNewMedia. - Watch more music videos, in HD!
"Losing My Religion", R.E.M.



"Float On", Modest Mouse


"All is Full of Love," Björk


"Praise You", Fatboy Slim


I'm sure I forgot a whole bunch, but these are always in my brain.
What you should learn from this:

1.) Most music went to hell after the '90s
2.) Music videos used to have meaning and intelligence
3.) Michel Gondry is a god amongst men.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Black Hole Sun! I LOVE Soundgarden. The Day I Tried To Live is like UP THERE in fave songs of all time.

    ReplyDelete