September 24, 2010

prada spring 2011

As Rachel Zoe would say, this Prada collection was "BA-NANAS!" No, really, there were bananas. Banana prints, that is, amongst a myriad of other bright, smack-you-in-the-face prints. There were even monkeys and striped furs!

I have to hand it to Miuccia Prada: she doesn't half-ass it when it comes to being bold. She stays committed to it. She went for a futuristic Tommy Bahama look with tropical prints and one shirt that looked like a Hawaiian button-up paired with a banana skirt that I will covet for the rest of my life.







I love when designers clash prints. It makes me feel like my being lazy when choosing an ensemble was actually a cool thing to do. If wearing head-to-toe mismatched technicolor stripes is wrong, I just don't want to be right.



This was my favorite look. What a gorgeous dress. The print is sick, but even without it, it's still such a beautiful design and the fringe (or pipe cleaners?) at the bottom is a perfect detail. The whole outfit looks amazing. If I had money, I'd buy the whole look right off the runway.



This is Samantha Gradoville. Her dad is my dentist. NO BIG DEAL.

Homerun, Prada. Carmen Miranda would be proud.


photos: style.com

6 comments:

  1. I still don't know what to think about this collection. I definitely know there's something really signature Prada about it - perhaps the boldnes - and that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this collection, and i also like the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i loved it too. my fave is the monkey shirt, though: http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/monkey-business-at-prada/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bold colors and mixed patterns - something about this feels more like resort than SS though; maybe it's just because it's so different than what I'm used to seeing from Prada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah definitely a strange collection, still no decided. I'm not a huge fan of prints but it's nice to a vibrant collection full of luscious colours.

    www.arashmazinani.com

    ReplyDelete