September 23, 2010

links a la mode, september 23rd

 Independent Fashion Bloggers was gracious enough to choose my post as one of the best of the week! How exciting! Check out all of the other posts too. Thanks, IFB!

xox
Jessica






links a la mode



Are You a Follower of Fashion?


Edited by: Ann of Holier than Now

Last week marked the end of New York Fashion Week. Post-show, the editors, buyers and bloggers went to work to define and list the trends, hoping we'll follow along. But for many of us, the sheer shirts of Spring '11 were are about as realistic for our wardrobes as a meat dress. Instead, we looked outside of Lincoln Center at the street style of individuals, hoping to find the inspiration to zig when everyone else is zagging. This week's post celebrates the path less ... followed, with counterpoints on everything from current trends to blogger compensation and competition.

Links à la Mode: September 23



SPONSOR:

Latest at Shopbop: Denim -Madewell - Skirts - Under Ligne - Obakki -Dresses - DKNY


1 comment:

  1. Congrats!
    I loved your post about pale skin...I've had it all my life (as a redhead) and have definitely received my share of snooty comments and stares at my fishbelly-white legs. But now in my 30's the tides have turned and I receive so many compliments about how beautiful my skin looks! (And I do take care of it lots - with SPF 110 every day, rain or shine, not playing on the beach, covering myself up religiously when outside...it has definitely sucked many times to see the sun as your enemy but it's definitely paid off in the long run!) Though I still like a little bit of tan on myself...the only thing I can get is from a bottle!;-)
    You go for embracing what you have and not jumping on the tanning bandwagon! It will certainly pay off many times over as your compatriots age and you seemingly don't!!;-)
    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!
    xoxo
    Carly
    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete